Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pimp My Chelsea


I’m in my mid-forties and have found myself saying more and more (just like my parents): “I just don’t get these kids and their tv shows, music, humor, etc.”

A younger friend of mine sent me a MySpace joke. I didn’t get it. I don’t understand MySpace, it makes no sense to me, but apparently everyone else in the world (younger than I) flock to it and live by it. I don’t get it.

Seeing how I’m desperately clinging to the now and the future while trying not to fall into that “oh, look... the tragic old lady trying to be hip” stage, I knew what they meant when the media said that the Clintons were pimping their daughter Chelsea.

Frankly, I think its about time. That poor girl should have some sort of consultation done years ago. She could use some more fall colors to bring out the tones of her skin, and that hair, ok, I’m a redhead and yes, there are issues with red hair, but they can be overcome with a good styling and some conditioners and leave on gels!

I think the frumpy long skirts in dark colors, and the oversized sweaters definitely show a lack of self esteem, most probably due to her parents being in the limelight, and the pressure she undoubtedly felt being a “good girl” because others before (and after) her were a bit of the hell raisers and trouble makers.

Oh wait a minute... they meant pimping like the world’s oldest profession pimping and not the pimp my ride make over thing?

Sonofa... I just don’t get these kids and their tv shows....

1 comment:

GottabeMe said...

LOL, yeah, no, they did not mean a makeover like on "Pimp My Ride" (which I have never seen, because I refuse to watch it).

FWIW, I don't care for MySpace. It's for teenagers and people looking to hook up. Eh.