Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Beware that Subliminal Stuff

So, apparently there is some hoopla over the whole Huckabee Christmas ad (oooh, I said Christmas! I’ll probably be beaten to death now).

In his ad, Huckabee clearing states that “... what really matters is the celebration of the birth of Christ and being with our family and friends.”

When I heard there was controversy over the ad, I figured it was the reference to the birth of Christ, and frankly if that’s what the guy believes in, why can’t he say it? I mean come on, I don’t yell at people who wish me a Merry Christmas or even a Happy Holiday because I’m a Neo-Pagan and I don’t celebrate those things. Its not like anyone can look at someone and tell what religion they are, and frankly who cares what religion THEY are, it matters what you believe in. So those of you who don’t celebrate Christmas, if someone says to you “Merry Christmas” then respond back with your special greeting... good lord don’t they teach common courtesy in school or at home anymore.

Anyway, I digress.

Imagine my amusement when it turns out that Huckabee’s use of “the birth of Christ” wasn’t the controversy. Oh no, it was the subliminal bookcase! A bookcase deviously shaped like a cross that sent out a hidden message that disturbed people!

Um... was this guy so intent on gazing at the background subliminal images that he totally missed the whole “birth of Christ” thing? Why on earth would someone need to plant a subliminal message in the background when they pretty much come out and say what their beliefs are.

Frankly, the only reason I back Huckabee is because he says he’ll totally get rid of the IRS. I don’t agree with his religion, I don’t agree with some of his views, but frankly if he got rid of the IRS and then required us to wear robes and rubber phallic appendages on our heads... pass me the robe and rubber phallic appendage.

The whole religion thing, and his views on abortion and the pill and all that, well frankly the President doesn’t have a whole lot of say in that stuff anyway thanks to that piece of paper called a constitution and those people that make up the Supreme Court (none of which are in the retirement stage or likely to up and croak in the next 5 years). I’d also like to point out that those idiots in the Congress and the Senate or the ones that are generating these outlandish, ridiculous, and totally insane bills that become law, so its a bit more important that your congressional and senatorial puppethead is actually doing what he’s there to do, which is REPRESENT YOU! They’d like you to think that the President is the bad guy and the one with all the power so they can continue getting their cushy health care that they get for free, and all of their perks and under the table bribes from special interest groups.

So stop worrying about what religion each Presidential candidate is... start worrying about those greedy congresspeople and senators who are hoping that everyone will be so involved in picking a President, that you don’t notice them sliding in a new law that says they get more money and you get less of everything... except taxes.

No comments: